Friday, September 09, 2011

So how was the speech?

I didn't see it, did Obama open up with a line about how many people he's killed? Because that seems a real ice-breaker with Republicans.

I don't know about you, but I'm going to avoid Sunday's news programs and shows with a real vengeance. I really don't need the folks who thought invading and occupying countries not involved in 9/11 was sound policy tell me what to think now either. Not to mention we are just now learning some pertinent information about countries that did produce most of the hijackers.

There is, however, one truly marvelous story about that day and the photo journalists that were there. It is moving, disturbing, and brought back one particularly stark picture that I had managed not to think about for several years. I cannot recommend the story enough.

[cross-posted at Firedoglake]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

?
What is the story?

pansypoo said...

sunday is for heathen publikkklans.

Anonymous said...

I looked for a story and became starkly aware it wasn't there.
Now what am I going to tell my Grandson. At 9 mos he needs lots of stories.
vox