Thursday, October 21, 2010

I love this thread

At Gawker, for the sole reason it is full of Gawker-commenters proclaiming someone else getting too full-of-themselves.

In other words, it is a Gawker thread.*

Which is like Glenn Beck saying he's never seen a half-human half-monkey hybrid in his bathroom mirror.


*This is a bit like one of my, or any other, Firedoglake threads when a large number of the commenters manage to proclaim Obama a secret right-wing operative or a Balloon Juice thread where the large number of the commenters proclaim Firedoglake commenters and posters secret right-wing operatives. It's the circle-of-blog-life.

4 comments:

Montag said...

Hmm. The Larry King Memorial Port-A-Potty.

Nice ring to it. Sort of like the cable news version of Charles Kuralt's "On the Road," except without wheels and nice scenery....

jimmiraybob said...

Beck does not have the educational background, training, native intelligence, experience, or introspection to recognize what he sees in the mirror.

MarkC said...

I like your description of the culture of different blog comment threads. The one I'll never get is Eschaton, which just goes too fast to really have any coherent exchange. But maybe I'm just getting too old for these things. After all, I still do a double-take whenever my teenage son says "that's sick" to something I thought was, well, well.

pansypoo said...

will it be a handicapped one?