Thursday, June 17, 2010

The nice thing about the Smoting of Big Butter Jesus

Is it's one of those events where you make a joke and have to ask, "too soon"? It's one of those you make a joke...

"My God, my God, why has thou polyunsaturated me?"

...and ask, "too late?"

By the way, they are determined to rebuild it, because this Act of God has clearly demonstrated he approved of gigantic, tacky, graven images. Othewise, how do you explain Perez Hilton (personally, my argument of "There is no God" works everytime).

6 comments:

Major Woody said...

I think they should replace him with a giant gilded calf. It would conduct the lightning much better.

donnah said...

I live near Touchdown Jesus of the Holy Flame and I read in today's paper that the church is already receiving donations to rebuild. Of course, the Christian thing to do would be politely accept the money and give it to the needy, but that never stopped them before and I assume the New and Improved Big Butter Jesus will be up before long.

I suggest a bigger one, animatronic with blazing eyes and long, sweeping arms that part the water of the pond. I'd pay extra to see that.

jimmiraybob said...

I heard an interview with one of the faithful that suggested that the Touchdown Jesus sacrificed himself to save the church itself from being destroyed. Always a giver. Good news indeed.

Look for this Gospel to be in the 2012 A.D. edition of the North American Palin Bible.

JDM said...

Geez. Someone should alert Fred Phelps that God left the dirty bookstore alone.

Anonymous said...

I read that they want to put up something different from the first Big Butter. Something more in line with God's taste in art, perhaps?

pansypoo said...

god has to smite 2 more and a rooster crow for it to be a sign.