Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

Last Thanksgiving I was feeling down due to a little personal calamity which has since resolved itself to my satisfaction. Despite feeling like I wanted to go Sylvia Plath on myself, I accepted an invite from my friend to attend a Thanksgiving Day feast at the home of one of his friends, where I found myself seated around a table with twenty-five perfect strangers. It turned out to be a truly fun holiday. Before dinner, in lieu of grace, the hostess asked each of us to tell the others what we were thankful for. I thought this was a really nice tradition and so I'm inviting you to do the same in comments.

Here's what I'm thankful for this year (not in any particular order):

1. Our president-elect
2. His stunning and powerful first lady
3. The sweet, smart, and slightly eccentric R
4. Having a decent job in a truly crappy economic environment
5. MedSnack, dark chocolate, and red wine
6. Left Blogistan, which keeps me laughing (and sane)
7. My friends
8. And yeah, even my loony family

No comments: