Friday, June 13, 2008

Maybe uncool but...

I have to ask... When did Tim Russert become a saint?  The guy was a softball questioner to the Bush administration and spent as much time hawking his book as doing serious interviews. 

When did Russert become politico perfection?  And, one other question, shouldn't the flooding in the American Midwest be the lead story at the top of today's newscasts?

Now while it did seem like Russert did not have a great deal of anger.  His interest in politics seemed like it came from a pure interest rather than having a need to prove he was the big angry reporter.  Still, I have to wonder if all the attention spent on his passing is a bit much.  American news does seem to fixate on the morbid side of life.

Sorry if this seems a bit cold, I just don't think this is the most serious news issue today.  I do, however, send my condolences to his family and friends.   Please accept my sincere thoughts and wishes on your loss.

No comments: