Saturday, June 21, 2008

And so it begins

Folks are moving to rail for their transportation needs.  Now personally, I would love to take rail as opposed to driving into work everyday.   I am tired of the guys who want to drive 90+ and the guys for whom 65 is way too fast. (both of whom use the left lane -- can anyone explain this to me?)

I do know its not all fun and games but it would help me keep my budget afloat.  Gas in my area has hit 4.29!  Rail is looking pretty good to me in terms of efficiency and cost.  We need to consider more investment in various forms of public transportation.  To that end, it would also be nice to see more cities adopt the eco-buses as well.  I would happily ride one of those buses (and have).

But I have noticed no discussion of efforts to reinvigorate municipal transportation.  One would expect that under the current climate that a serious discussion of upgrades to public transit would be underway.  But alas, they are not.  Will that change anytime soon?  I am not going to hold my breath waiting for more light rail, how about you?

No comments: