Monday, December 31, 2007

Best Records of 2007


I'm treading on DeDurkheim's territory here, but I'm posting my good friend G's "Best Records of 2007" list in the hope of provoking some music trash talking between them. And by the way, I take no position on -- or responsibility for -- the content of this list. I knew I had to do that when I saw No. 11, which has got to be a joke.

G -- You'll need to defend your choices in comments. Okay, enough with the qualifiers and other preliminaries, here's G's List:
  1. The National -- "Boxer"
  2. Band Of Horses -- "Cease To Begin"
  3. Eddie Vedder -- "Music For The Motion Picture 'Into The Wild'"
  4. The Arcade Fire -- "Neon Bible"
  5. Josh Ritter -- "The Historical Conquests Of Josh Ritter"
  6. Okkervil River -- "The Stage Names"
  7. The Shins -- "Wincing The Night Away"
  8. Shout Out Louds -- "Our Ill Wills"
  9. Robert Plant & Alison Krauss -- "Raising Sand"
  10. Bruce Springsteen -- "Magic"
  11. Kelly Clarkson -- "My December"
  12. M.I.A. -- "Kala"
  13. Mark Ronson -- "Version"
  14. Bright Eyes -- "Cassadaga"
  15. Jarvis Cocker -- "Jarvis"
  16. Spoon -- "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga"
  17. Suzanne Vega -- "Beauty And Crime"
  18. Tegan And Sara -- "The Con"
  19. Interpol -- "Our Love To Admire"
  20. Bishop Allen -- "The Broken String"
  21. Mark Knopfler -- "Kill To Get Crimson"
  22. Jens Lekman -- "Night Falls Over Kortedala"
  23. Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova -- "'Once' - Original Soundtrack"
  24. Fionn Regan -- "The End Of History"
  25. Mika -- "Life In Cartoon Motion "

No comments: