Friday, September 22, 2006

Okay, let's take stock of the matter...

It is okay to have the Geneva Convention, as long as we torture under a different law.

However,

It is SHAMEFUL that Madonna uses a crucifix as a symbol?

Now I am no biblical scholar, but don't you think that "the Jesus" would draw the line a little further down than crucifixions?

I mean when he said render unto Caesar what is Caesars, I took that as a statement about taxes, as opposed to allowing the state to actually "render" you.

I mean, I'm just taking a stab in the dark (or with a roman spear) here, but I'm going to assume that Bush-Cheney has at least drawn the line at crucifying "suspected" Al Qaeda guys right?

Maybe not Democrats, but at least Al Qaeda guys?

And nooooooo, it is no defense to reply "but look at how over the top some Muslims are" any more than it is acceptable for Bush to get a free pass for killing civilians because Al Qaeda kills 'em too.

No comments: