Tuesday, July 25, 2006

They Give Good Seminar

As the lawyer on the blog that did not get asked to cross post on Patriotboy, Atrios, Firedoglake, (am I missing any brother Attaturk?) I want to take this moment to make yet another PSA.

Tristero linked to a report of the American Bar Association that takes strong issue with preznitial signing statements, among other things. Actually, it was all over the news yesterday. Proof that even the ABA gets something right on occasion. Note, I'm not saying lawyers because I still believe in the quaint notion that many of us are the thin blue line, people like Thurgood Marshall, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Alberto Mora, Patrick Fitzgerald, Ralph Nader, Morris Dees, heck, I'll even give you two you wouldn't expect but who are doing their heritage proud: Bruce Fein (did he say Bruce Fein?), and John Dean, just to name a few who were or are willing to stand for something. Are any of these people enough to balance the likes of John Yoo and David Addington? There are times I fear not.

What's the point? The ABA also rated as well qualified Justices Roberts and Alito. I say qualified schmalified, if they take away rights, what's the difference? At least the ABA gives good seminar.

No comments: