Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I think they are in their last throes, if you will...and I'm guessing you will

Ah, yes. Earlier this month we celebrated the third anniversary of "Mission Accomplished", today is the First Anniversary of Chuckles Cheney's infamous line about the Iraqi insurgency:

KING: To be removed. It's not going to be -- it's not going to be a 10-year event?

D. CHENEY: No. I think we may well have some kind of presence there over a period of time. But I think the level of activity that we see today, from a military standpoint, I think will clearly decline. I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency.


Number of American's killed since this statement: 799, Iraqi civilians casualties, unknown, but well into the thousands.

Fez tip to Steve J
.

No comments: