Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Cry Me a River

As an ordinary citizen, I've seen the Bush Administration and it's GOP allies essentially say that they have a RIGHT to track my internet activity, follow my emails, watch my IMs, and datamine my phone calls (at a minimum).

Yet, I'm supposed to believe that a properly executed search warrant on a congressional office is some scary fucking violation of THEIR Constitutional Rights?

I don't give a shit if William Jefferson is a Democrat. Sounds like the probable cause the authorities got to search his office was incredibly well-founded.

For Denny Hastert and the Republican leadership to come to Jefferson's defense on those "technicalities" when it hits close to home, but not even give lip service to "form" for the rest of us tells you just how much they don't care.

William Jefferson should resign PRONTO, he should have resigned already. If he's innocent, he can try to get his seat back in a few years.

But to see the GOP step up to the plate to whine about the Constitution applying to the whole lot of Congress (again, this was after the execution of a search warrant) and the rest of us not even deserving notice that our privacy is being violated by the Government is the true outrage.

No comments: