Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Mind of A Preznit

From today's press conference Preznit Mushmouth tells us about how he sees his job:

THE PRESIDENT: I believe that my job is to go out and explain to people what's on my mind. That's why I'm having this press conference, see. I'm telling you what's on my mind. And what's on my mind is winning the war on terror. And I understand war creates concerns, Jim. Nobody likes war. It creates a sense of -- of uncertainty in the country. The person you talked to in Cleveland is uncertain about our ability to go forward. She's uncertain about whether or not we can succeed, and I understand that. War creates trauma, particularly when you're fighting an enemy that doesn't fight soldier-to-soldier, they fight by using IEDs to kill innocent people. That's what they use. That's the tool they use. And it creates a sense of concern amongst our people. And that makes sense, and I know that.

And one of the reasons why it's important for me to continue to speak out and explain why we have a strategy for victory, why we can succeed. And I'm going to say it again, if I didn't believe we could succeed, I wouldn't be there. I wouldn't put those kids there. I meet with too many families who's lost a loved one to not be able to look them in the eye and say, we're doing the right thing. And we are doing the right thing. A democracy in Iraq is going to affect the neighborhood. A democracy in Iraq is going to inspire reformers in a part of the world that is desperate for reformation.


Nothing he says makes sense anymore, nothing. Not that it ever did, but when it was fresh bullshit for the masses it was an easier sell. Is there any question that the reason his popularity ratings are down is because every person in the country other than his hardcore base is sick and tired of hearing platitudes?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: when you grow up with every advantage, when you learn from an early age that poppy will bail you out and mummy will call your friend's mommy, when you have never had to work at anything in school, when your business ventures are based on favors and when those favors fail things are fixed, when people tell you that you are Presidential material despite everything about you indicating otherwise and you become President, why wouldn't you think all you have to do is say that we intend success and success is what we shall have?

He believes the bullshit and that makes it all the more scary. No question at all (despite Yglesias's ill-informed opinion to the contrary), this guy is the worst President ever.

No comments: