Saturday, May 28, 2005

Library Jibber-Jabber for a Self-Serving Purpose

In occasional third person.

Kevin Drum (aka "Milquetoast McFancypants" who would not have a nickname at all if "Rising Hegemon" was blogrolled) recently opined on general American History Books and asked for recommendations.

Attaturk, at least, doesn't need "general american histories" recommended to him. I've read enough of those, from Howard Zinn on one end to Paul Johnson on the other.

But, since this is a holiday weekend and the traffic is lighter -- and since I changed the look of the comments page -- I do have one question to posit to our loyal readers. Attaturk has read a lot of history, its my favorite hobby. But there are a lot of histories I haven't read. I'm not going to run down a list of what I have, I have a pretty good sized library of histories for a non-professional, but not all inclusive. For example, I'm pretty weak on Asian or African histories; pretty rich on American and European History.

What should I add to my already near-capacity historical library? I may have some of what you suggest, but what the hell, reveal something about yourselves.

Thanks.

No comments: