Tuesday, August 24, 2004

In the Spirit of What apparently is allowed in Political Hardball

I'd like to say that I respect Senator Dole, I mean there's respect there.

The fact that I've heard that he once had chemically enhanced sex on a Friday Afternoon with the inhabitants of an entired Children's Petting Zoo notwithstanding.

But it is something that I believe he has to explain to the American People.

Bob Dole, a prominent Republican and former presidential candidate, defended his criticism of White House hopeful John Kerry (news - web sites)'s war record as "political hardball," saying he had merely "tweaked" the Democratic candidate.

This is presidential race. We're 70 some days away. It's political hardball, and certainly Senator Kerry understands that," Dole told CNN...

Dole said Kerry called him to express "disappointment" over his comments Sunday that the Massachusetts senator had won "three Purple Hearts and never bled that I know of. I mean, they're all superficial wounds."

Dole's suggestion that Kerry "never bled" runs counter to US Navy records showing that Kerry, who also won a Bronze Star and a Silver Star for bravery, still carries shrapnel in his left thigh from a February 1969 firefight.

"There's respect there," Dole said Monady. "We were in the Senate together. But we're talking about the presidential race, and I tweaked him a little on the Purple Hearts."

"I just wanted him to get off Bush's back and have his people get off Bush's back," Dole said.


Wanted him off Bush's back?

Gee, Senator Dole, now you know how the Shetland Pony felt.



No comments: